Welcome! Please take a moment to update your Parent & Student Information form and directory release form. Returning users must click "save" on these forms starting July 1 in order to purchase items online and receive PTA updates and the monthly Robinson PTA newsletter. And don't forget to read our Letter from the President and check out our Quick Links section in the sidebar for some helpful information.More
RMS PTA Scholarship Winner!
5/25/2021 11:27 am
Jasper High School - School Supplies
5/23/2021 8:40 pm
Be prepared for your student's first year of high school by pre-ordering school supplies! Jasper PTSA has those available for order, so click on the image below to be re-directed to their website!Read More
Robinson Middle School Information
5/19/2021 9:58 pm
- Robinson News - Newly Updated 5.19.2021
- Important Info Included:
- Important Dates
- May 20 | MAP Math
- May 21 | MAP Reading
- May 24 | MAP Science
- May 27 | Last Day of School- Dismissal at 12:40
- June 1 | Chromebook Return- School@Home Students
- MAP Testing Information
- Summer Camps
- Chromebook Recovery
- Celebrating our 8th Graders
- Baseline Impact Testing
- Read the PISD Back to School FAQ
- Important Dates
Proposed Standing Rules Changes
4/20/2021 2:45 pm
At our next General RMS PTA Meeting, we will be voting on the following proposed changes to our PTA Standing Rules:
Robinson Middle School Parent Teacher Association
Standing Rules – Proposed Changes, 4/19/21
To be voted on during the General Membership Meeting, 6:30pm, 5/19/21
Section V. Officers
- The President Shall:
ADD: 4. Transfer online account names and passwords to an incoming president by the end of the fiscal year.
- The Second Vice President shall:
WAS: 2. The following chair is on the committee of the second vice president: arts in education.
IS: 2. The following chairs are on the committee of the second vice president: arts in education and socials.
- The Fourth Vice President shall:
WAS: 2. The following chairs are on the committee of the fourth vice president: book fair, box tops, recommended reading, school store, school supplies, and spirit nights.
IS: 2. The following chairs are on the committee of the fourth vice president: book fair, recommended reading, school store, school supplies, and spirit nights.
- The Fifth Vice President shall:
REMOVE: 6. The following chair is on the committee to the fifth vice president: school directory.
- The Treasurer shall:
ADD: 2. Transfer online account names and passwords to an incoming treasurer by the end of the fiscal year.
Section VI. Standing Committee Chairs
- Social Media Chair shall:
ADD: 4. Transfer online account names and passwords to an incoming social media chair or president by the end of the fiscal year.
Section VIII. Sub-Committee Chairs
- Box Tops Chair
- School Directory Chair
- 8th grade Celebration Chair shall:
WAS: 2. Work closely with principal, Dad’s Club, and 8th grade team.
IS: 2. Work closely with principal and 8th grade team.
ADD new section: Socials Chair shall:
- Serve on the committee of the second vice president.
- Plan two student socials, one in each semester.
- Maintain detailed documentation of all job-related duties, functions and activities.
Section X. Scholarship
WAS: The scholarship committee chair will be the president, who will be assisted by the fifth vice president. The committee will complete the following:
1. Notify the PISD Senior High Schools and provide applications for the current school year.
2. Publicize the scholarship via the PTA website, social media, eNews, and PTA meetings.
3. Gather applications and verify eligibility of each applicant.
4. Select the scholarship winner and announce the scholarship winner from the eligible
applicants at the May membership meeting.
5. Notify scholarship winner
IS: The scholarship committee shall:
- Be led by the president, who is the chair of the scholarship committee.
- Be composed of the chair, the fifth vice president and at least one additional member of the PTA, none of whom may be a parent of a PISD High School senior.
- Notify the PISD Senior High Schools and provide applications for the current school year.
- Publicize the scholarship via the PTA website, social media, eNews, and PTA meetings.
- Gather applications and verify eligibility of each applicant.
- Select the scholarship winner based on academic achievement and a 500-word essay written on a theme decided by the PTA Executive Board and sub-committee chairs.
- Announce the scholarship winner from the eligible applicants at the May membership meeting.
- Notify scholarship winner.
- Eligibility includes the following:
WAS: 5. All eligibility requirements and completed application and attachments must be received by noon on May 1 of the current school year.
IS: 5. All eligibility requirements and completed application and attachments must be received by the deadline assigned by the scholarship committee.
WAS: Funds received are to be used for tuition, books, or lab fees. Any funds used for travel expenses, babysitting, or housing are taxable income. Scholarship payment will be made to the school the student will be attending. The student must provide Student ID, school name, and mailing address to the PTA.
IS: Funds received are to be used for tuition, books, or lab fees. Scholarship payment will be made to the school the student will be attending. The student must provide Student ID, school name, and mailing address to the PTA.Read More
Free Tutoring for Middle School Students
1/28/2021 9:35 pm
FREE MATH HELP FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS!
To help students with math, during these unprecedented times, individuals from Plano West Senior High School are offering virtual, one-on-one math tutoring for students in 6-8 grade, free of charge! The information to get started with the organization they created...Excelerate...is below:
- Video virtual informational session: https://vimeo.com/500293621
- Link to the website: https://www.excelerateinc.org/
- Questions can be directed to the organization's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RMS PTA Life Members
1/25/2021 10:56 am
Please join us in celebrating our 2020-2021 RMS PTA Life Members!
Ms. Heba Abdelghani
Congratulations to wonderful examples of dedication to our students and staff!Read More
Select the Order button below (make sure you're logged in).
Robinson PTA Information
2020-21 School Supplies Lists
Summer Reading Lists
Robinson Resources Directory
Robinson School Calendar
Bell and Lunch Schedule
Robinson Wellness Blog
Recommended Reading/PACE List 2020-21
Robinson Athletic Forms
2020-21 Athletic Game Schedules 7th/8th
If interested in being a parts of Dad's Club, please contact our president at email@example.com!
Volunteers of the Month