Welcome! Please take a moment to update your Parent & Student Information form and directory release form. Returning users must click "save" on these forms starting July 1 in order to purchase items online and receive PTA updates and the monthly Robinson PTA newsletter. And don't forget to read our Letter from the President and check out our Quick Links section in the sidebar for some helpful information.More
Jasper PTSA Invites 8th Grade Parents and Students...
5/6/2021 9:01 pm
to a Meet and Greet with Jasper Principal, Mrs. Billie Jean Lee!
It will be held during the General PTSA Meeting on Thursday, May 13th, at 11:00am!
Click on the link below to register for the meeting:
Read the flyer below for more information:
PTA General Meeting
5/6/2021 3:08 pm
Please join us for our PTA General Membership Meeting on Wednesday, May 19, at 6:00 p.m., via Zoom! Topics will include:
- Proposed Budget for 2021-2022
- General PTA Business
- Incoming 6th Grade Parent and Student Informational Q&A with Current 6th Graders - Program
After you register at the link below, an email will immediately be sent, verifying your registration. Another email will follow on Wednesday afternoon, with the information and link to the meeting that evening. Deadline to register is 12:00pm (noon) on 5/19.
We hope to see you there!Read More
School of Excellence Wrap-Up Survey
5/3/2021 4:27 pm
We are finishing up our work in improving our school, as we complete the final steps in our bid for School of Excellence, and need your help in doing so! Please complete the following (very short survey), to provide feedback on our progress! The link to take you to the survey is:
You can also scan the following QR code to get you to the survey as well.
Thank you so much for your help!Read More
School Supplies and Academic Reading - Prepare for Next Year!
4/27/2021 12:15 pm
School Supplies and Academic Reading
Finish out the current year knowing that you are prepared for your student's upcoming one, and enjoy a more relaxing summer break! Order school supply packs for your student, and avoid "back-to-school" shopping frenzies, while sitting leisurely at a pool! Click on the link below to order those, and check them off your list! If you would like just a stand-alone agenda, click the link below the school supplies to order!
Also, if you feel that your student would prefer to have a personal copy of the books read in English classes, you can take that task off of your list as well, ordering from the Academic Reading order form! Click below for those titles...just make sure you know what level of English your student will be in this coming year, as the books differ!
Academic Reading Books
Proposed Standing Rules Changes
4/20/2021 2:45 pm
At our next General RMS PTA Meeting, we will be voting on the following proposed changes to our PTA Standing Rules:
Robinson Middle School Parent Teacher Association
Standing Rules – Proposed Changes, 4/19/21
To be voted on during the General Membership Meeting, 6:30pm, 5/19/21
Section V. Officers
- The President Shall:
ADD: 4. Transfer online account names and passwords to an incoming president by the end of the fiscal year.
- The Second Vice President shall:
WAS: 2. The following chair is on the committee of the second vice president: arts in education.
IS: 2. The following chairs are on the committee of the second vice president: arts in education and socials.
- The Fourth Vice President shall:
WAS: 2. The following chairs are on the committee of the fourth vice president: book fair, box tops, recommended reading, school store, school supplies, and spirit nights.
IS: 2. The following chairs are on the committee of the fourth vice president: book fair, recommended reading, school store, school supplies, and spirit nights.
- The Fifth Vice President shall:
REMOVE: 6. The following chair is on the committee to the fifth vice president: school directory.
- The Treasurer shall:
ADD: 2. Transfer online account names and passwords to an incoming treasurer by the end of the fiscal year.
Section VI. Standing Committee Chairs
- Social Media Chair shall:
ADD: 4. Transfer online account names and passwords to an incoming social media chair or president by the end of the fiscal year.
Section VIII. Sub-Committee Chairs
- Box Tops Chair
- School Directory Chair
- 8th grade Celebration Chair shall:
WAS: 2. Work closely with principal, Dad’s Club, and 8th grade team.
IS: 2. Work closely with principal and 8th grade team.
ADD new section: Socials Chair shall:
- Serve on the committee of the second vice president.
- Plan two student socials, one in each semester.
- Maintain detailed documentation of all job-related duties, functions and activities.
Section X. Scholarship
WAS: The scholarship committee chair will be the president, who will be assisted by the fifth vice president. The committee will complete the following:
1. Notify the PISD Senior High Schools and provide applications for the current school year.
2. Publicize the scholarship via the PTA website, social media, eNews, and PTA meetings.
3. Gather applications and verify eligibility of each applicant.
4. Select the scholarship winner and announce the scholarship winner from the eligible
applicants at the May membership meeting.
5. Notify scholarship winner
IS: The scholarship committee shall:
- Be led by the president, who is the chair of the scholarship committee.
- Be composed of the chair, the fifth vice president and at least one additional member of the PTA, none of whom may be a parent of a PISD High School senior.
- Notify the PISD Senior High Schools and provide applications for the current school year.
- Publicize the scholarship via the PTA website, social media, eNews, and PTA meetings.
- Gather applications and verify eligibility of each applicant.
- Select the scholarship winner based on academic achievement and a 500-word essay written on a theme decided by the PTA Executive Board and sub-committee chairs.
- Announce the scholarship winner from the eligible applicants at the May membership meeting.
- Notify scholarship winner.
- Eligibility includes the following:
WAS: 5. All eligibility requirements and completed application and attachments must be received by noon on May 1 of the current school year.
IS: 5. All eligibility requirements and completed application and attachments must be received by the deadline assigned by the scholarship committee.
WAS: Funds received are to be used for tuition, books, or lab fees. Any funds used for travel expenses, babysitting, or housing are taxable income. Scholarship payment will be made to the school the student will be attending. The student must provide Student ID, school name, and mailing address to the PTA.
IS: Funds received are to be used for tuition, books, or lab fees. Scholarship payment will be made to the school the student will be attending. The student must provide Student ID, school name, and mailing address to the PTA.Read More
Robinson Middle School Information
4/19/2021 8:54 pm
- Robinson News - Newly Updated 4.28.2021
- Important Info Included:
- Important Dates
May 4 | Algebra EOC (All Algebra students)
May 6 | STAAR Science 8 (All 8th grade students)
May 7 | STAAR Social Studies 8 (All 8th grade students)
- Important Information
- STAAR Testing Information
- Please review the testing schedule. Robinson Testing Schedule
- Once testing is completed, if students will not be staying with us the entire school day, parents can sign them out beginning at 1:30 PM at the front entrance. All students must exit the building using the front doors.
- If students will be staying with us on campus, they will remain in the testing room and complete asynchronous work for the remainder of the school day until 3:30 PM dismissal.
- Phones and other electronic devices will be collected at the beginning of testing and returned after testing ends. All electronic devices must be powered off during testing.
- To ensure student safety, students will not be permitted to walk home after testing. All students must be signed out by a parent/guardian.
- Plano West Physical Day Information
- Read the PISD Back to School FAQ
- Important Dates
Select the Order button below (make sure you're logged in).
Robinson PTA Information
2020-21 School Supplies Lists
Summer Reading Lists
Robinson Resources Directory
Robinson School Calendar
Bell and Lunch Schedule
Robinson Wellness Blog
Recommended Reading/PACE List 2020-21
Robinson Athletic Forms
2020-21 Athletic Game Schedules 7th/8th
If interested in being a parts of Dad's Club, please contact our president at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Volunteers of the Month