Welcome! Please take a moment to update your Parent & Student Information form and directory release form. Returning users must do this every July in order to purchase items online and receive PTA updates and the monthly Robinson PTA newsletter. And don't forget to check out our Quick Links section in the sidebar for some helpful information.More
5/7/2018 2:45 pm
Deadline: May 25
School supply packs, academic reading books, and agendas* are now available for purchase online and can be picked up on August 1 at the Razorback Walkabout. After logging in and registering on the PTA website (if necessary), please click on the Order School Supplies button below or go to the My Account tab in the menu bar above. If you have filled out and saved the Parent & Student Information form, you will see forms for agendas, academic reading books, and school supplies.
Parents of new students, please keep the following in mind:
- You must register your child on the PTA website before you can order school supplies. If you're new, check out https://robinsonpta.membershiptoolkit.com/getting_started.
- When registering on the Robinson PTA website, please specify your child's grade for the 2017-2018 school year. Choose Future 6th if your child will be entering 6th grade in the fall of 2018. Your child's grade level will change automatically over the summer.
- If you have an older child at Robinson, make sure to register your future 6th grader separately and order school supplies under each child's account.
- Make a note to come back to the PTA website again in July to purchase 2018-2019 spirit wear, sign up to volunteer, join the PTA, etc. An email reminder will be sent out.
*Agendas are included in each grade-level school supply pack and can be purchased separately.Read More
National PTA School of Excellence Survey
5/7/2018 2:39 pm
Did you know that Robinson serves students that speak 45 different languages? This fact and the National School of Excellence survey prompted the School of Excellence committee to work with the Robinson administration on a Welcome Sign that is reflective of some of those languages. Heba Abdelghani, Robinson ESL Teacher, worked with the ESL students to make a sign that now hangs in the front entrance of the school. Once the construction is complete, the ESL students and parents will create a more permanent sign. While most classes are taught in English, we welcome students and parents representing many languages at Robinson.
The School of Excellence Committee is continuing to work with PISD and the City of Plano to address the following with our objective of Safer Routes to School:
- Crosswalk at PSA
- Signs on Preston Meadow
- Carpool Signs (Due to construction, these will likely appear in Fall 2018.)
We need your help by responding to our final survey to complete the School of Excellence application. Please select the link below to answer the survey questions by Friday, May 25. Thanks for supporting the School of Excellence Committee and helping all our children arrive and leave school safely!
Robinson Community Outreach
5/6/2018 11:38 am
Robinson PTA wants to thank everyone who has supported the community outreach activities this year. In addition to the PTA-sponsored community outreach activities below, Robinson held a Hurricane Harvey drive and canned food drive for Plano Santas. We have supported the Plano community, the Houston community, and the troops in Fort Hood with these drives.
- Halloween Candy Drive – Robinson PTA held a drive to collect extra Halloween candy in November. Sherry Dissinger, counselor at Robinson, delivered the candy to the troops at Fort Hood. Thanks to Robert Dissinger, history teacher at Robinson, and all of the troops for the sacrifices they make every day to keep us safe and secure our freedom! The pictures above were provided by Sherry Dissinger. Remember that May is Military Appreciation Month, so if you or your children want to send a note to the troops, you can drop it of at the school. Ms. Dissinger will deliver the notes to the troops.
- Peanut Butter Drive – Food 4 Kids in partnership with Mayor LaRosiliere and the Plano City Council conducted the annual peanut butter drive. Robinson collected 311 pounds of peanut butter to support the drive.
- Hoodies for the Holidays Drive – New and gently used hoodies, coats, and clothing for middle school and high school students were collected for distribution throughout PISD to children in need last winter.
- Hope's Door New Beginning Center – The following items were collected for Hope's Door: New Beginning Center: paper towels, laundry detergent, toilet paper, disinfectant wipes, and spray cleaners.
- STAAR Snacks – Robinson PTA provided STAAR snacks for 380 students in Grades 3-5 at a PISD elementary school.
Thank you for making a difference and setting a great example for your children!
School Store News
4/30/2018 9:07 am
End-of-the-school-year blow-out sale!
We've lowered our prices for previous years' spirit wear.
Short-sleeved shirts: $5
Long-sleeved shirts: $10
As long as supplies last!
We also carry new batteries for your tuners and calculators (AAA and Lithium CR2032).
Please, stop by to check it out!
Store hours: Monday and Friday, 7:45-8:30 a.m. & Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.Read More
4/25/2018 2:49 pm
Robinson Middle School PTA proposes the following bylaws change. This will be voted on at the General PTA Meeting on May 25, 2018, at 9:30 a.m.
Membership and Dues
- Annual dues for each member shall be ten dollars and fifty cents ($10.50 single) sixteen dollars and fifty cents ($16.50 double) one dollar and fifty cents ($1.50 faculty). for the local portion of dues plus state dues as determined by Texas PTA and national dues as determined by National PTA.
Proposed Bylaw Changes (The only change is highlighted in yellow below.)
Membership and Dues
- Annual dues for each member shall be ten dollars and fifty cents ($10.50 single) five dollars and fifty cents ($5.50 additional member) one dollar and fifty cents ($1.50 faculty). for the local portion of dues plus state dues as determined by Texas PTA and national dues as determined by National PTA.
Mindfulness Program at Robinson
4/20/2018 2:52 pm
Robinson PTA is offering a Mindfulness Program to all Robinson students two to three times per week in April and May during Advisory classes. Mindfulness is the ability to stay in the present moment with curiosity and kindness. Lessons include mindful test-taking with less anxiety and stress. This has proven results, such as helping with attention and focus, as well as managing and understanding emotions. It is complementary to social emotional learning practices, in that it helps kids become aware of how they are feeling/what they are thinking so that they can implement the strategies of social emotional learning. Melissa Berg-Baker, a Certified Instructor through Mindful Schools, will provide instruction in one classroom, and it will be transmitted live to the other classrooms. For more information, please see Melissa’s website: http://www.noticemorestressless.com/classes.html or click here for the flyer.
National PTA School of Excellence
4/20/2018 2:46 pm
National PTA's goal for the School of Excellence program is to enrich the educational experience and overall well-being of students by forming family-school partnerships that leverage community resources to strengthen family engagement and contribute to continuous school improvement. By enrolling in this program, Robinson PTA and school administrators are making a year-long commitment in identifying and implementing an action plan for school improvement based on PTA's National Standards for Family-School Partnerships.Read More
Healthy Zone School Program
11/4/2017 10:32 am
Robinson Middle School has been chosen to be part of The Cooper Institute and United Way Healthy Zone School Program. These organizations will be evaluating changes in the fitness, activity, participation, and health attitudes through surveys and Fitness Gram results. The attached form serves as passive consent for your child’s de-identified data collection used to promote healthy activity and healthy eating at home.
Select the Order button below or purchase in our School Store.
Robinson Resources Directory
Carpool Info & Map
Robinson School Calendar
Bell and Lunch Schedule
Spring Exam Schedule
Robinson Wellness Blog
Recommended Reading/PACE List 2017-18
6th Grade School Supplies 2017-18
7th Grade School Supplies 2017-18
8th Grade School Supplies 2017-18
Elective Course Supplies 2017-18
Robinson Athletic Forms
2017-18 Athletic Game Schedules 7th/8th
Volunteers of the Month
Congratulations to our April volunteers of the month, Swagata Chowdhury and Hilary Dietz!